Our client is an agency within the federal government, they are currently seeking a Cyber Engineer to join on an initial 12 -month contract.
About the role
This role looks to focus on supporting the design and assurance activities during the planning, design, development, and implementation phase of a solution and not the operational phase of a solution.
Key Responsibilities/ Accountabilities:
- Provide general security guidance (e.g., initiate discussions to support security activity project planning) to the program.
- Develop and deliver security business requirements that meet the organisations security objectives.
- Review and analyse solution security controls that were planned for and designed to be implemented to validate and verify their inclusion and effectiveness.
- Perform a review and report on system or service configuration to identify potential security risks and recommendations on possible mitigations.
- Provide advice to project and/or solution teams on how to address security risk and compliance recommendations; and
- Develop other security deliverables as directed.
The successful applicant will have experience in:
- Experience in securing designs/solutions through implementation of security controls
- Securing configurations
- Embedding cyber security into team and organisational processes
- Integration of cyber security into broader security related functions
- Experience with logging, SIEM, ongoing security testing regimes, vulnerability management and incident response
This is a security assessed position. Applicants must be an Australian citizen, with successful candidate holding a Negative Vetting 1 Australian Government security clearance and undertake a national police check prior to commencement.
If you are seeking the next step in your career, please APPLY NOW. For any further questions or information, please contact Nakita Huynh on (03) 8080 7220 and quote job #247430