Our Federal Government Client is seeking is looking to fill a role for a Cloud Security Engineer to work on the Digital Earth projects.These projects maintain a suite of cloud-based infrastructure to provide web services, data science environments and processing pipelines enabling the use of and access to large volumes of Earth observation data. This role will involve working with internal and external stakeholders to identify opportunities to improve infrastructure security and will be joining a diverse team of talented people. The role will involve creating security policies, infrastructure visibility, intrusion detection tooling and continuous integration and continuous delivery pipelines. This role will involve creating responsible and sustainable infrastructure for our public facing python development environment.
To be successful in this role you will possess:
- Extensive experience with the AWS cloud environment
- Familiarity with containerisation, particularly Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with networking and firewalls as applied to cloud infrastructure
- Knowledge of the Essential 8 security model and auditing standards
- Experience in scripting languages and Linux system administration
- Extensive experience in source control management and processes
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Experience working with EKS clusters
- Knowledge of Python applications and build systems
- Experience with Earth observation data
- Experience with cloud orchestration, particularly Terraform and Flux
Due to security clearance requirements for this role, candidates must be Australian Citizens.
Apply now for immediate consideration - contact Priya Kuncham on 02 6245 1730 quoting Job Reference: 202283
Please note: only candidates that meet the above criteria will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in the position.