New interview questions to prepare for (on remote working)
With the rise of remote work, most companies will be adding in some extra questions for workers who are likely to have some kind of flexible work arrangement. Here are the new questions to prepare for before any interview where you know that working from home is a likelihood:
- How do you remain motivated?
- When lacking motivation, what do you do to help get you back into work-mode?
- If you have worked from home before, how to you remain productive without a physical team leader presence?
- How do you usually schedule your week?
- How do you usually schedule your days?
- How would you deal with a problem when the rest of your team is offline?
- What are your preferred methods of communication when working from home?
- How do you ensure meetings are run smoothly when working from home?
- How do you make sure you are engaging with colleagues or employees when working remotely?
- What is your method when it comes to prioritising tasks?
- Are you a self-starter/ autonomous worker?
- How will you go not being face-to-face with colleagues frequently?
- How do you go with balancing work and life when working remotely?
- What is the biggest strength about working from home?
- What is something you struggle with when working remotely?
- How would you manage a project from afar which involves many people and a lot of planning?
- How would you handle a delay in a significant project?
- How would you deal with employees or colleagues who are in conflict?
- How do you diffuse conflict?
- How do you ensure clear and effective communication?
- What systems or applications do you use to keep organised?
- How do you effectively collaborate in a remote working environment?
- What do you need to find success in a remote work setting?
Have you been asked any other questions around remote working? Let us know and we will add it to the list!