New Salary & Employment Index 2020
The guide is a specific insight into the IT market which looks at average salaries and rates being paid in the technology and digital sectors across Australia. The report also includes some interesting insights into the economic conditions nationally and by state as well as the general scale of supply and demand.
The Peoplebank Salary Tables are based upon IT & Digital job offers and employment activity in each location we have operated in during the past six months.
Some interesting take-aways from the February report indicate:
- The salaries and rates have risen within the past three months over majority of roles within Queensland which might indicate there are less candidates for in demand roles.
- We have shared new information regarding Cloud Architects finding that there is a higher demand for them in the market.
- A candidate short market is not true for all IT jobs or roles. The most popular jobs with fewer candidates (than jobs) in general categories include Developers and Business/System Analysts.
- Specialist categories which seem to require more candidates in the industry include Security/Cyber Security and Transformation & Change.
- Nationally the economic conditions are very good, but they have retracted slightly from the highs of 2019.
For more information or to check your salary you can download the Peoplebank Salary & Employment Index here.