The program is a comprehensive rebuild of the organisations ICT systems and related business processes and applications, focussed on addressing security and resilience risks.
A key focus area for this role will be towards the Applications transformation initiatives inclusive of the required supporting solutions for SDLC toolchains and testing services which form the initial priority.
The Solution Architect will play a leading role in the applications review assessments, defining solution architectures across the application portfolio, establishing approaches to remediation, and support the planning for the remediation work effort.
The role will:
- Define remediation solution architectures; context, overview, components, relation back to requirements, with solution architecture views as required for example security, integration, infrastructure.
- Assist with defining application remediation targets and non-functional requirements.
- Own remediation solution templates.
- Assist with defining security and resilience risk from an application perspective.
- Assist with defining approaches, patterns, and projects to deliver the solution architectures using a component-based architecture approach.
- Liaise with other workstreams and BAU staff to agree solution architectures and work split.
- Developing solution architecture in accordance with Architecture Principles, reference architectures and Security guidelines.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIRED
- 5 years of Solution Architecture experience in the Applications domains.
- Ability to build relationships with senior managers and staff and an ability to communicate effectively with both business and technical staff.
- Understanding of how to design services to meet security requirements
- Awareness of IT security concepts and standards (Desirable)
- Deep experience in bespoke application architectures (Desirable)
- Experience with technologies involved in DevSecOps such as Gitlab, SonarQube, Nexus, Jmeter, Maven, Selenium, Clair (Desirable)
- Experienced with both on-premise and Cloud based application architecture (Desirable)
- Solid background in software development (Desirable)