About the Company
Our client is a leading company specializing in additive manufacturing through automated welding. They utilize advanced robotics and mechatronics technology to efficiently produce intricate metallic structures, significantly impacting manufacturing in various industries. Their vision is to provide sustainable and efficient solutions for sectors ranging from aerospace to medical.
As part of their expansion our client is establishing a new division dedicated to software and product development. This division will be responsible for integrating software with their hardware systems to enable end-to-end automated manufacturing processes.
About the role
This role will provide leadership, direction, and oversight of the software and product development teams development and implementation of software solutions that integrate with robotic, welding, sensors and other components of hardware to enable end-to-end automated manufacturing processes and optimize manufacturing efficiency, while continuously improving software development and product development processes, following best practices architectural principles.
- Lead, mentor, and inspire a high-performing team of software and product development professionals.
- Drive the development and implementation of software solutions that integrate seamlessly with hardware components to enable end-to-end automated manufacturing processes.
- Continuously optimize and improve software development and product development processes.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure alignment and adherence to best practices and architectural principles.
- Define and execute a clear product development strategy to meet business objectives and market demands.
- Stay current with industry trends and emerging technologies to maintain our competitive edge.
- Oversee the management of software and product development budgets and resources.
- Foster a culture of innovation, collaboration, and excellence within the teams.
Skills and experience
- Bachelor's degree in business, computer science, IT, economics, Mechatronics, or related field.
- 7+ years in senior management/leadership role in software and product development, preferably in technology/engineering-based business.
- Proven ability to manage a software and product development team.
- Extensive experience with best practices in software and product development, including scalability, availability, and performance.
- Proficiency in test-driven development, automated test frameworks, mocking/stubbing, and Junit.
- Expertise in project working and commercial development processes, especially Agile methodologies.
- Experience in meeting product delivery deadlines.
- Ability to rapidly translate business requirements into technical solutions.
- Background in Research and Development within complex environments (e.g., robotics, welding, software engineering).
Due to the nature of the clients industry all candidates MUST hold an Australian Citizenship or Permanent Residency to be eligable to apply.
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact Jessica Gadsby on (08) 8112 7417 quoting reference 258951.
To apply please click the 'Apply Now' button.
Diversity and inclusion are strongly supported at Peoplebank. People of all nationalities, gender identities, and cultural backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples, are encouraged to apply.