Our Federal Government Client is seeking a Technical Writer
This is an intial 6 months contract with 3 X 12 months extensions , located at our client's National Office, Canberra.
As the selected candidate, you will:
- Write and edit technical documents including architectural design manuals, reference and product manuals.
- Analyse and manage existing and potential content of ICT Systems documents, user stories and project artefacts.
- Produce high quality documentation that meets standards, is appropriate and easy to use.
- Assess the audience needs for whom the technical and procedural documentation is intended; adjust tone and technical terms used to meet those needs and to ensure understanding.
- Create or amend diagrams, charts, and other visual aids to assist readers in understanding the product and process.
- Gather feedback to improve technical documents.
- Other related duties as required.
To be successful in this role you should have:
- 3 years of experience in technical writing of software documentation
- Ability to present complex data in clear, concise text.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Strong individual contributor and team player in a professional environment.
- Highly skilled and focused on excellent customer service and business engagement, with the ability to engage and collaborate internally with other key IT areas, project teams, business areas, and external service providers.
- Highly effective in managing multiple, concurrent activities, while understanding and managing priorities, dependencies, and risk.
- Ability to independently develop and determine approaches to solutions in a practical and creative manner.
- Strong conceptual, analytical, and interpretive skills with high level of attention to details.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective working relationships across all levels and influence key stakeholders.
It is desirable if you have:
- Bachelor's degree in English, Technical Writing, or Information Technology
- Relevant working experience
- Experience using Agile methodology and or DevOps
Due to security clearance requirements for this role, candidates must be Australian citizens with Baseline AGSVA Clearance.
Apply now for immediate consideration - contact Param Kaur on 0262689781 quoting Job Reference: # 258808
The applications for this role closes on Friday, 03 November 2023.
Please note: Only candidates that meet the above criteria will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in the position.
Diversity and inclusion are strongly supported at Peoplebank. People of all nationalities, gender identities, and cultural backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples, are encouraged to apply.