About the Company
Our client is one of Australia's largest industry superannuation funds, seeking for a SRE Observability and Performance Engineer.
About the role
Our engineers are responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining complex cross-platform observability solutions covering the breadth of software and cloud infrastructure. Use creativity and innovation to solve some of the organizations most complex stability issues whilst building towards the operational measurement of SRE metrics.
- Full stack observability: solution design and deployment included but not limited to; Mobile, Web, API, Integration platforms, infrastructure database and 3rd party SaaS.
- Collect, analyze, and correlate observability data from diverse sources - such as logs, metrics, traces, and events.
- Integrate divergent data sources to build a single end-to-end view of platform/application performance, stability, and capacity.
- Build URL monitoring solutions using APM tools and customer scripts.
- Work closely with Performance & Quality automation Engineering teams' throughput the SDLC
Skills and experience
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years' experience designing, deploying and operating large distributed digital services using native cloud services.
- Familiarity with application development using common frameworks (Java, Spring Boot, Node.js, Ios, Android)
- Extensive experience in working with critical application metrics e.g. java JMX, thread pools, Garbage Collection etc
- Extensive experience in data visualization using Azure Log Analytics, PowerBi, Grafana, Prometheus
- Developed end-to-end observability solutions that cover Mobile, Web, APIs, Integration layers, Database, Infrastructure and 3rd party vendor platforms.
- Azure Log Analytics, ElasticSearch, DataDog or Splunk
- Experience with an APM tool such as AppDynamics (APM and Synthetics), New Relic, DynaTrace.
- Advanced scripting and development experience with Python, Powershell, or Java
- Familiarity with Infrastructure as Code (IaC) tools (Terraform, CloudFormation) and Configuration Management (Ansible, Puppet, Chef).
- Advanced understanding of query languages to extract and manufacturer; events, signals and metrics - SQL, KQL, DSL or similar.
- Advanced skills parsing and manipulating data to extract signals; text files, JSON, XML.
- Practical skills using CICD pipeline creation using Azure DevOps, Jenkins or similar, including version control strategies.
If you are seeking the next step in your career, please APPLY NOW!
For any further questions or information, please contact Arriane at 02-4016-8251 and quote job # 258754
Diversity and inclusion are strongly supported at Peoplebank. People of all nationalities, gender identities, and cultural backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples, are encouraged to apply.