Software Tech Lead - C++ Market Connectivity
About the company
This organisation is one of Australia's leading international proprietary trading firms with its headquarters based in Sydney CBD. They have distinguished themselves from their peers in the industry by maintaining world class technology in an innovative and collaborative team culture. Their culture of teamwork fosters an environment where new ideas are constantly shared, developed and implemented. Their team comprises a wide variety of talented professionals including traders, technology specialists, financial engineers and algorithmic developers.
About the role
The Software Tech Lead is responsible for managing a wide variety of software products enabling connectivity to exchanges and other associated infrastructure code. As the Tech Lead you will work in a globally distributed team of C++ software engineers on a Linux platform, and will be responsible for the quality of the team's work and productivity of the team. You will work with stakeholders on trading desks, risk, and operations to ensure that the team is delivering a world-class trading infrastructure. As the successful applicant, you will be a skillful engineer and team leader with demonstrable experience in leading software teams.
- Design, implement and test low-latency market access software libraries in C++.
- Work with traders and quantitative analysts on the design and Implementation of trading systems components including back-testers, simulators, and other trading infrastructure.
- Build, Deploy and Operate trading systems in a production environment.
- Work with the Application Support team on trading system documentation, diagnosis of production incidents and their resolution.
- Team management duties including management of priorities, performance feedback, setting standards and mentoring.
Skills & experience
- Deep knowledge of C++, STL and Boost
- Good understanding of data structures, their implementation and time complexity
- Experience with Linux systems calls for I/O, networking and process management
- Shell scripting experience
- Experience with market data and order entry protocol implementations in a low-latency environment
- Derivatives market knowledge
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Leadership and Management
Benefits & culture
As mentioned their culture of teamwork fosters an environment where new ideas are constantly shared, developed and implemented. Their team comprises a wide variety of talented professionals including traders, technology specialists, financial engineers and algorithmic developers.
- Share/Equities option
- Up to 50% bonus
- Work with some if the industries leading minds
- Flexible working
- Excellent salary