Software Development Manager (Cloud) - to start ASAP
The team is a high-performing group of developers, designers, and architects building the next generation secure collaborative information sharing platform.
My client is looking for a Software Development Manager to lead developers and engineers to deliver a valuable, high quality web platform and services, via a SAAS offering, for use by government and public sectors worldwide.
- Provide architectural expertise and oversee major design decisions
- Provide a key role in product development - influencing product strategy and the direction of our products
- Provide technical support and lead discussions related to solving tough or complex technical & non-technical problems
- Ultimate accountability of project quality, delivery, and success
- Project Management
- Oversee project execution - estimates, time frames, scope management, risks
- Provide vision and direction to the team
- Continuous team capability development and creation of an innovative
- Proactive and effective stakeholder engagement and management
- People Management
- Effective management of performance across team, conducting regular 1:1s, coaching of team members, career planning
- Responsible for strategic planning within the team and contribute to technology planning
- Responsible for resource management
Skills & Experience Requirements:
- 8+ years software development experience including complete software development lifecycle
- 4+ years project management experience
- 4+ years' proven experience effectively leading agile technical teams
- Advanced understanding and experience of continuous delivery, iterative development and agile adaptive planning
- Expert knowledge in the architecture, design, development, testing, release, and monitoring of Java or other applications
- Ideally have previous experience with SAAS product development
Apply now for immediate consideration - or contact Amy Simon on 02 6245 1705 email: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Due to security clearance requirements for this role, candidates must be Australian Citizens who currently hold or are able to gain an Australian Government security clearance.
Please note: only candidates that meet the above criteria will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in the position.