Our Federal Government Client is looking for a Senior Data Scientist. This role is on a non-ongoing fixed term contract (APS6 or EL1) for an initial contract term of 10 months.
The Client requires data scientists to develop outcome and demographic measurements, transforming and computing large dimension data sets, developing counterfactual indicators for causal inference, assessing the statistical robustness of methods, preparing periodic evaluation data reports, and formatting reports in end user-friendly graphical formats.
This is highly technical work, requiring specialised skills in data analytics languages, tools and reporting.
Skills and Abilities -
- Substantial applied experience in data science, including advanced data analytics, visualisation, data modelling and cleaning.
- Advanced experience in building and applying statistical models, algorithms, and machine learning techniques.
- Experience in ETL methods and techniques including large-scale data transformations.
- Advanced experience using statistical software, tools and database languages (for example, SQL, R, SAS, Gitlab, Qliksense, PySpark or similar).
- Proven track record of adhering to tight delivery schedule and high standards, and ability to respond flexibly to changing circumstances.
The role has an initial 10-Month non-ongoing fixed term contract. This role is to be performed in the Client's offices in Phillip, ACT with flexible working arrangements considered on a case-by-case basis. Candidates are required to report on site for a minimum of 3 days per week. Suitable candidates must obtain and maintain Baseline security clearance conducted by the Australian Government Security Vetting Agency (AGSVA).
Apply now for immediate consideration - contact Maria Lastierre on 02 6245 1717 quoting Job Reference: # 258782
The closing date for this role is on Tuesday, 07 November, 2023.
Please note: Only candidates that meet the above criteria will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in the position.
Diversity and inclusion are strongly supported at Peoplebank. People of all nationalities, gender identities, and cultural backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples, are encouraged to apply.