Our Federal Government Client is seeking a Project Manager
This is a long-term contract role with an initial contract duration until 30 June 2024, with the potential for extensions, located at our client's offices in ACT, NSW, NT, QLD, SA, TAS, VIC, WA, and offsite with hybrid working arrangements (2 days in the office, 3 days from home).
As the selected candidate, you will:
* Plan, lead, and manage projects and project teams within the Agency.
* Define and manage project requirements, scope, costs, and end-to-end project delivery.
* Ensure compliance with the Agency's project management framework, policies, and procedures.
* Engage with stakeholders and resolve complex, difficult, and sensitive project issues.
To be successful in this role, you should have:
* A well-developed understanding or the ability to quickly acquire an understanding of the Australian energy sector and the role, purpose, and objectives of the client.
* Experience in autonomously managing the delivery of large, concurrent deliverables to deadline, using initiative and responding flexibly to change and uncertainty.
* Ability to manage projects, including directing and coaching team members.
* Skill in managing internal and external stakeholder relationships to achieve project and client's outcomes.
* Persistence and focus on achieving objectives, even in difficult circumstances, while remaining positive.
* Demonstrable experience in working on technology and/or data projects and mentoring the adoption of best practice system development (preferably Agile) and project management methodologies (preferably PRINCE2).
* Strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to influence, persuade, and negotiate.
* Tertiary qualifications in law, economics, engineering, communications, public policy, or related fields, and vocational project management qualifications preferably at the Diploma level.
It is desirable if you have:
* Knowledge of the Australian energy sector and regulatory environment.
Due to security clearance requirements for this role, candidates must be Australian citizens with the ability to obtain Negative Vetting Level 1 clearance.
Apply now for immediate consideration - contact Param Kaur on 0262689781 quoting Job Reference: # 258890.
The applications for the role closes on 06th November 2023 before 3:00 PM
Please note: Only candidates that meet the above criteria will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in the position.
Diversity and inclusion are strongly supported at Peoplebank. People of all nationalities, gender identities, and cultural backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples, are encouraged to apply.