Our client is seeking to urgently engage a PMO Administrator to work on a project in team, within a government department.
As a PMO Administrator you will be responsible for:
Project Management, Planning and Reporting
- provide input to and assisting with project scheduling and status reporting;
- manage the project budget including development, regular tracking and reporting of expenditure;
- preparing briefs as required;
- work collaboratively with senior management on the programme planning activities and dependency tracking;
- assisting with team management and project administration, including record keeping, maintaining risk, and issue management for the project; and
- assist with the establishment of Project Management Office capabilities as required.
- assisting with project governance including meeting co-ordination;
- providing secretariat support for project governance bodies; and
- maintain accurate records of meetings and key actions.
- drafting Requests for Quote (RFQs), delegate spending approval minutes and undertaking procurement risk assessments;
- assist and lead the evaluation of responses to RFQs and participate in candidate interviews;
- contractor and contract management, including on-boarding arrangements (access pass requests, IT account establishment etc) as well as timesheet processing and approvals; and
- Assisting with IT contract negotiations.
Stakeholder Engagement and Coordination
- Work with the Project Director in relation to coordination of stakeholder engagement as required.
To be successful, you would have:
- Experience working in and assisting with the typical activities undertaken in a project management office;
- Experience tracking and reporting project budgets (ideally for IT Projects);
- Experience with working within and developing project management processes, schedules and frameworks;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to liaise widely with internal and external stakeholders and develop productive working relationships with staff at all levels.
- Demonstrable experience working in stakeholder communications, record keeping, procurement and secretariat functions within an IT Project.
Apply now for immediate consideration or for a full job description of this role, contact Dan Carn on 02 6245 1724
Due to security clearance requirements for this role, candidates must be Australian Citizens who currently hold or are able to gain an Australian Government security clearance
Please note: only candidates that meet the above criteria will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in the position.