About the company
An organisation who consolidates efforts to drive economic growth, productivity and competitiveness by bringing together industry, resources and skills.
PMO Manager- Government & Banking background.
Location: Sydney Central
Duration: 6 months' contract with potential to extend
Primary purpose of the role
The Manager - Program Management Office (PMO) leads a team to guide the successful delivery of programs and projects through the provision of strategic and operational support, including operational reporting, risk and issue tracking, quality control and post project benefits tracking and reporting.
To be successful candidate you must have demonstrated:
- Project/program management certification (required).
- Experience in a complex distributed environment, with a Public sector & Banking background.
- Management of a medium - large project management office
- Working with many stakeholders including by directing and influencing.
- Proactive assurance of projects
- Effective oral and written communication skills at multiple levels.
Manage interdependencies and balance competing demands to ensure objectives are delivered
- Managing and leading the project management office team to develop and continuously improve ICT project management processes and methodology.
- Governing delivery of cluster-wide ICT project portfolio
- Provide regular accurate, high-quality portfolio reporting to ICT executive, and to government.
- Identifying and developing responses to arising project issues.
Representing the ICT PMO in project management forums
- Assisting hire and development of quality project delivery team - contract and permanent.