A rare company, in being both a commercial and ethical powerhouse. Their skilled and relatively small team's mission is to drive large scale positive outcomes for ethical initiatives with a focus on renewables and green energy and technology. Whilst their key skill is being expert investors, their purpose and the reason for the company existing is to change the world for the better, and they walk this walk in everything they do. It is who they are. Being entirely committed to this mission has led them to be high profile market leaders whose business is rapidly growing.
Our client is in the process of insourcing and building their technology capability in a Microsoft environment. This role will focus both on technology operations, as well as projects where you will have a voice in shaping and creating the company's technology capability for the future.
As the Server Engineer this role is to provide support and continual improvement across all aspects of our client's IT infrastructure environment. This includes maintaining a stable and secure environment for employees and partners while adhering to regulatory and business requirements. This role will also play a key role in working directly with the business to provide improvement through IT initiatives.
- Managing and maintenance of Active Directory, IIS, Group Policy, Terminal Services, and exchange
- Internal infrastructure support - e.g., LAN/WAN, Internet services, video conference services
- Managing and Implementing integrations: sFTP, SAML, SSO, email gateway
- Support of virtual servers and domain services, (DC, AD, File server, Exchange, SQL etc.)
- Management of Windows server lifecycle (build, deploy, monitor, support, backup, restore, disaster recovery)
- Support and management of Microsoft SaaS services (M365, Teams, SharePoint)
- Escalation point for and mentoring of first level support
- Support and uplift laptop environment (MDM, patching, end point security)
- Maintain vendor relationships relating to IT services
- Assess project requirements and provides design input
- Executes upgrades, migrations, optimizations, and new implementations
- Work with vendors to ensure solution delivery quality
- Highly developed communication and organisational skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, managing conflicting priorities with key business stake holders
- High proficiency managing all aspect of a virtual Windows server environment
- Strong understanding of security concepts and how to implement them across server and end user environments
- Strong scripting and infrastructure automation background is highly desirable
- Working knowledge and experience with the entire 365-product suite
- Office, Intune, SharePoint, Teams, Exchange
- Windows 365 Business Cloud PC ( Nice to have)
- Working knowledge and experience managing servers and virtual desktops on Azure
- Working knowledge and experience with networks, switches, firewalls, VLANs DNS DHCP etc.
- Demonstrates a balanced approach to managing risk
- Experience managing secure server environments (server hardening, monitoring, vulnerability management).
- Project management skills using agile methodology for delivery
- Strong technical abilities with a proven track record for delivery
- Ability to take ownership of a problem and follow it through until completion
Experience & qualifications
- 5-10+ years experience in technology managing servers and networks in an enterprise environment
This is an extraordinary opportunity to work with a rewarding, exceptionally successful and thriving business. The benefits include (but not limited too) 15 days annual 'wellbeing' leave (in addition to your regular leave), excellent parental leave + STI + ESP.
This role is a hybrid working environment (2-3 days in the office) and is being recruited by Peoplebank on an exclusive basis by Software Recruitment Practice Lead Dan Gordon & Lead Technical Recruiter Sarah Kissane. Dan & Sarah share more than 30 years software recruitment experience and have worked together for more than 15 years. Dan is a certified CSM and CPO, and Sarah built and led her own successful software recruitment company. To find out more about this opportunity, please 'Apply Now' or call Dan on 0401 912 645 or Sarah on 0410 863 499. Job#258872
Diversity and inclusion are strongly supported at Peoplebank. People of all nationalities, gender identities, and cultural backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples, are encouraged to apply.