An opportunity for a highly-skilled Instructional Designer, that will work with Business Representatives and members of the project to identify, plan, design and deliver all required training activities to ensure the transition for the business and adoption of new hardware and software is as smooth as possible.
Instructional Designer - Digital, e-Learning
12 Month Contract + possible extension
Sydney CBD Location
The role will report to the Project Change Manager
Skills and Experience Required
The Instructional Designer will have the following abilities, skills and experience:
- Experience on IT systems based and digital transformation projects as an instructional designer
- Strong background in learning and development and course design
- Experience in the development of training needs analysis and training plans
- Comprehensive knowledge of instructional design principles
- Proven experience in designing and delivering classroom based and eLearning training programs
- Proficiency with eLearning authoring tools (particularly Captivate)
- Demonstrated ability to engage with and manage stakeholders and subject matter experts.
- Experience in the Government sector
- Certificate IV Training and Assessment and or relevant industry experience.
The successful candidate will need to have significant experience in the Learning and Development field including experience in developing innovative and engaging training programs and assessments for IT systems and digital transformation projects.
The position of Instructional Designer will have the following responsibilities:
- Conduct training needs analyses on business requirements
- Design learning courses, including facilitator guides, learner guides, on-the-job supporting activities, and materials
- Design User Guides for systems and hardware
- Design storyboards and eLearning materials
- Deliver train the trainer sessions and course facilitation
- Incorporate relevant changes to business procedures into training
- Update existing training materials when there is a system change, change in legislation, or a relevant change in processes and procedures
- Assist the Change Manager with the development of Fact Sheets or FAQ's
- Work closely with the subject matter experts from the various stakeholders of the project
- Apply learning development standards and guidelines
- Understand and apply Web Content Accessibility Standards
- Maintain project documentation and course folders during the project lifecycle.