The role of Infrastructure Solution Architect will see you responsible for the following -
- Working with the teams, partners and vendors which deliver Infrastructure services across the entire environment
- Providing advanced technical leadership for projects.
- Designing IT solutions in the context of the environment, and financial resources, based on business requirements that complements existing and future services.
- Describing and documenting systems in ways that are meaningful to the audience.
- Advising on the delivery of the Low Level Design by technology partners.
- Reviewing Low Level Designs to ensure consistency with architecture standards, principles and requirements.
- Developing an understanding of the relationships between technical services and applications and the crossovers to linking services.
- Contributing to infrastructure related policy developments within IT.
- Contributing to standards and reference architecture via Infrastructure Design Authority ratification of designs.
- Working closely with the Technical Architects to align new work programs to Service Catalogue offerings.
Key Selection Criteria
- Ability to design IT solutions based on business requirements that complements existing and future services.
- Sound understanding of Business Process & IT Systems.
- Good knowledge of finance for the purpose of solution quotation and business case development.
- Ability to quickly analyse and identify problems that may impact quality and cost of service.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Adept in both waterfall and agile project methodologies.
- Relationship building skills.
- Understanding of IT trends.
- Ability to adapt quickly to new technologies and changing business requirements.
With specific experience in:
- Gathering and assisiting with the creation of Functional and non functional Requirements
- Creation of high level infrastructure design artefacts.
- Advanced document writing skills.
- Infrastructure architect with extensive experience in large enterprise environments preferably in retail, logistics, banking/Finance.
- Good all round infrastructure architecture/design experience in;
- Data Centre
- Distributed/remote sites/Branch offices.
- Networking (LAN/WAN/Wifi)