Working within this large national organisation you will be within the mobile technologies department, where the goal is to design, develop and maintain the organisations suite of mobile and microservice applications.
As part of this role you will be expected to provide technical leadership across all aspects of the software delivery life cycle and all applications that the mobile service supports. This involves working closely with solution designers, business analysts, product owners, user experience designers, quality engineers and engineering managers within an agile delivery environment to create great applications. You will also be expected to perform an on-call support role on a rotating basis within the team.
The successful candidate will be a senior engineer with a wealth of experience including the ability to provide technical leadership, coaching and mentoring, and will have an operations mindset to enable the buildout of robust, secure and maintainable applications.
Within this role you will be responsible for:
- Working with business analysts, and user experience designers to ensure requirements are clear whilst offering technical input into the requirements process
- Working with solution designers to provide input into the design for any feature or application that the mobile service supports
- Active participation in all aspects of the software delivery life cycle and associated agile activities that the team undertake
- Coaching and mentoring of other engineers to uplift service capability and cross-skill individuals over time
- Continuous review, identification and improvement of engineering processes, practices and tooling
- Perform code reviews and provide timely and constructive feedback
- Participate in feature estimation from early ideation to delivery phases
- Technical design and coding of all mobile applications and microservices
- Working with a quality mindset to ensure applications are robust and appropriate code coverage is maintained and improved over time
- Continuous technical uplift and knowledge sharing with others including presentations to internal colleagues and external meet-ups/conferences
To be successful in this role you must have:
- Experience with Agile software development and management methods and ability to excel within a fast-paced environment
- A solid technical background as an engineer within one or more of Android and iOS mobile development (Java, Kotlin, Objective-C, Swift)
- Experience working within one or more backend technologies, RESTful JSON APIs and microservices
- Experience working with diverse teams from development, testing, security, architecture, infrastructure to business and management
- Experience with build management tools including continuous integration and delivery practices and tools (Gradle, Jenkins, fastlane)
- Experience with continuous test automation tooling (Perfecto, Applitools)
- Software design and delivery with UX and accessibility front of mind
- Experience with latest development methodologies and tooling
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact Stephanie Mlady on 3003 7629 quoting reference 238707.
To apply please click the 'Apply Now' button.