* Drive the development and maintenance of the DevOps best practice and capability across SNE
* Provide mentoring and guidance to the Ops and Engineering teams
* Develop, implement and maintain software automation to improve products and services
* Prepare clear and concise process documentation describing how networks, infrastructure, products and services operate
* Carry out in-depth and critical analysis of vendor/open source technologies and provide contingency options to ensure a streamlined integration/delivery
* Make technology investment and business asset recommendations and assessments based on extensive knowledge of new and emerging technologies
* Review and provide input into the 'product infrastructure' plans and directions (roadmap)
Skills and experience:
* Excellent knowledge of Linux based environments
* Must have hands-on experience on Redhat Openshift installation, configuration and maintenance.
* Automation skills are a must using python, shell scripting etc.
* Excellent knowledge of working with DevOps tools such as - Bamboo, Jira, BitBucket/GitLab, SonarQube, Coverity, Artifactory/Nexus etc.
* Good knowledge on document-oriented databases like Elasticsearch, Couchbase etc.
* Knowledge on security protocols like TLS, HTTPS, LDAPS is preferred.
Knowledge of infrastructure automation tools such as Ansible, Chef, and Puppet etc. will also be looked upon favourably.
* Knowledge of Big Data technologies is preferred but not mandatory.
- Excellent time management skills to meet the required project timeframes
- Able to manage and prioritise workload to optimise business results
- Able to work as part of a tight-knit team, taking on feedback
- Able to think strategically while developing technology solutions
* Demonstrated technology subject matter expertise.
* Familiarity with technology hands on configuration.
* Able to communicate effectively with stakeholders.
* Able to comprehend and deliver to a schedule.
* Ability to work under pressure to deliver to near-term deadlines.
Based in Melbourne
Diversity and inclusion are strongly supported at Peoplebank. People of all nationalities, gender identities, and cultural backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples, are encouraged to apply.