Our Federal Government Client is looking for a Delivery Manager.
The Client is looking to engage a qualified and experienced Delivery Manager to work in their Digital Transformation and Delivery Division. The Delivery Manager role will work within a large complex portfolio of work supporting major new capabilities and initiatives to deliver new and enhanced digital transformation.
The successful applicant will have the following skill sets:
- Develop a clear plan and roadmap to deliver the work on time and within budget
- Ability to establish objectives and assign responsibilities
- Coordinate with various stakeholders, including business, designers, development teams, and operations, to ensure that the work is delivered in a manner that meets the needs of the business
- Creates and supports collaborative ways of working across groups/areas of responsibility to ensure that the work is delivered in a manner that meets the needs of the business
- Manage risks and issues associated with the program, and take corrective action as necessary to mitigate these risks
- Clearly demonstrates impactful communication skills (oral, written and presentation) in both formal and informal settings, articulating complex ideas to broad audiences
- Ensure that all stakeholders are kept informed of progress and status and that the work is delivered in accordance with the Client's governance policies
- Identify and drive continuous improvement opportunities to increase efficiency and reduce cost in the delivery of the program
- Overall responsibility to ensure projects are consistently delivered on time and within scope and budget.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders;
- Plans, directs and co-ordinates activities to manage and implement a programme from initiation to final transition into operational, business-as-usual management.
- Plans, schedules, monitors, and reports on programme-related activities. Ensures appropriate and effective governance arrangements and comprehensive reporting and communication policies are in place and followed.
- Maintains an awareness of current technical developments that may provide opportunities to the programmes.
- Ensures that programmes are managed to realise agreed business benefits within agreed timescales.
The role has an initial 12-Month contract with two (2) possible extensions terms of 12 Months and is open to work in any of the Client's offices in ACT, NSW, VIC, QLD, WA, SA, NT, or TAS. Generally, candidates will be expected to be able to work from the State or Territory office at least 1 to 2 days per week. The Client will also create a merit pool via this RFQ for the large program of work.
Due to security clearance requirements for this role, candidates must be Australian citizens with the ability to obtain AGSVA Baseline Security Clearance.
Apply now for immediate consideration - email Maria Lastierre on Maria.Lastierre@peoplebank.com.au quoting Job Reference: # 259129
The closing date for this role is on Friday, 24 November, 2023.
Please note: Only candidates that meet the above criteria will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in the position.
Diversity and inclusion are strongly supported at Peoplebank. People of all nationalities, gender identities, and cultural backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples, are encouraged to apply.