Our Federal Government Client is seeking a Cognos Developer.
This is a long-term contract role (12 months with 2 x 12-month extensions) located in Canberra, ACT. Minimum 3 full days per week in the office.
As the selected candidate, you will:
- Develop and perform tasks on new and existing framework models and Report packages, using the IBM Cognos Products and other software tools within quality standards.
- Design, implement and administer Cognos securities and business intelligence portals.
- Create, enhance and maintain existing framework models and transformer models to support business requirements and also understanding of existing data Models.
- Work closely with Solution designers, Data Analysts, Data Modellers and ETL Developers.
- Do QA's peer reviews and technical documentation as part of the tasks.
- Compare the SQL's against the database to verify the valid data is populating into reports as part of unit testing.
- Assist testers during the SIT phase and also assisting UAT users for Pre-prod testing.
- Assist business users in guiding them to be able to create their own reports based on Self-Service packages.
- Create reporting specification document and DDS to Cognos Mapping document.
- Develop POC's and conduct user walk through sessions during analysis phase of the project.
- Recommend changes to development and system standards to Technical Lead as required.
- Produce adequate, technical documentation on developed Models/reports/cubes.
- Work with management to provide effort estimates, prioritize business and information needs.
To be successful in this role you should have:
- Minimum 3-5 years of programming experience in Cognos BI.
- Minimum 3-5 years of data warehousing experience.
- Minimum of five (5) years of software applications analysis, design, programming and implementation.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in structured analysis and design.
- Expertise in SQL Server/Oracle Architecture development tools and data modelling.
- Working knowledge of SQL.
- Strong written, verbal, analytical, problem solving, and communication skills, with the ability to influence cross functional teams, business partners and/or vendor partners, and technology leaders.
It is desirable if you have:
- Bachelor's degree in IT; or equivalent experience.
- Preference is for candidates located in Canberra, ACT.
Due to security clearance requirements for this role, candidates must be Australian citizens with a Baseline security clearance (minimum).
Apply now for immediate consideration - contact Carissa Burgos on 0262689778 quoting Job Reference: 258974.
The closing date for this role is on Tuesday, 14 November 2023
Expression of Interest for other Cognos Developer roles will remain open until 30 November 2023.
Please note: Only candidates that meet the above criteria will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in the position.
Diversity and inclusion are strongly supported at Peoplebank. People of all nationalities, gender identities, and cultural backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples, are encouraged to apply.