Application Security Architect
About The Role:
Based in Yennora, with possible work options out of other Offices (Surry Hills, Pennant Hills, Norwest and Hoxton Park), we have an exciting opportunity for an Application Security Architect. This is an exciting opportunity for a highly organised and results driven individual to join the Cyber Security team.
The Application Security Architect is a member of the Cyber Security Team and works closely with other members of the team, the business, and other IT staff to design, develop and manage security for one or more IT functional area (e.g., data, systems, network, and/or applications) across the enterprise. This includes giving architectural guidance and creating architectural artefacts that support the development, implementation, and enforcement of security policies, procedures and technical controls to meet specific security requirements.
Key Responsibilities of the Application Security Architect include:
- Acquire a complete understanding of the Technology system and application landscape and assess from a cybersecurity perspective
- Provide security architecture guidance to various projects with a mixed deployment model (on-premise and cloud).
- Produce security design that meets business requirements and is compliant with cyber security policy and standards.
- Consulting services on architecture and design of solutions
- Work with enterprise security architectures team to develop patterns and standards
- Work with business units and with other risk functions to identify security requirements, using methods that may include risk and business impact assessments
- Work with IT department and members of the information security team to identify, select and implement technical controls
What You'll Need to Succeed:
- More than 3 years of experience in Information security with proven success in application security for on-prem and cloud applications.
- Advanced understanding of general information security concepts and principles, system architectures and development
- Examine security from a holistic view, including threat modelling, specifications, implementation, testing, and vulnerability assessment
- Understand security issues associated with operating systems, networking, and virtualization software
- Understand Web application security concepts and practices
- Understand the architecture of systems and network including identifying the security controls in place and how they are used
- Understand database weaknesses and security best practices
- Understand the security architecture of Cloud environments like AWS/Azure to design appropriate security controls
- Hands on experience in delivering application security projects - highly desirable
- Working with internal and external technical teams to obtain input to designs and capturing business requirements
- Leadership capabilities with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Excellent communication and presentation skills