Wireless Network Engineer
- Initial 6-month contract, with possible extension
- Work in the mining industry sector
- Seeking experience with wireless mesh networks
A leading IT company is seeking a Cisco certified, Wireless Network Engineer to work for a key client in the resources industry. This is an initial 6 month contract located in the Perth CBD.
- Providing technical advice for problems involved in the "the last mile" of IoT connectivity at the edge. (this could range from a BLE PAN up to public NB-IoT and Cat-M1 to simply connecting to existing components)
- Produce high level and low-level designs for specific and generalised IIoT solutions;
- Maintain and publish network topology diagrams;
- Create engineering blueprints for communication bundles which projects will select "off-the-shelf" (blueprints would include design approach, reference architecture models and Bills of Material for a range of IIoT Use Cases)
- Liaise between IIoT projects, our Industrial Communications Team, Network architecture team and our Innovation Centre;
- Provide consulting and instructions to projects implementing solutions including Work Instructions and on-site training if needed.
- Must have strong experience in the design, design, maintenance and operation of wireless mesh networks;
- Good understanding of Wireless Network technologies and industry trends, including SDN, LTE, 802.11x, Meshed Networks, Routing, Switching, LTE modems and radios and how to apply them at scale;
- Technical background in Cisco and exposure to operational and cloud networks;
- Possess Cisco certifications;
- Excellent communication -both verbal & written;
- Strong stakeholder engagement ability;
- Site experience in either the fixed plant or on mobile mining assets preferred;
- Experience with Agile methodology would be highly regarded.
- Opportunity to work in the mining sector;
- Possibility to extend;
- Perth CBD location.
If you have the experience we are seeking above, please apply now with a resume detailing all relevant experience.
We are open to considering Eastern States candidates who possess full Australian Work Rights, genuine relocation reasons and ability to relocate within 2- 4 weeks.
Contact: Gayle Truslove (08) 9423 1449 (Job reference: 198678)