Our client is a global IT company that is seeking multiple Windows System Engineers ideally with DevOps/ automation experience, to work onsite for a leading resources client. This is an initial 6-month contract based in the Perth CBD.
The key responsibility will be replatforming / reinstalling business applications from older system OS to newer OS.
Key experience includes:
- Proven experience as a Systems Engineer within in a Windows environment;
- Experience in application support and migrations work;
- Ideally some commercial experience with automation including:
- Windows 2003/2008/2012/2016
- RHEL 5/6/7
- Experience with DevOps Automation Tooling preferable- Jenkins, Ansible, Scripting, Git, JIRA & Confluence;
- Ability to engage with application stakeholders and manage application changes;
- Experience with stakeholder management in regard to outages, changes and testing;
- Ability to work with and leverage support teams external to the project team (e.g. Wintel, Network and Security teams);
- Awareness and consideration of the impact of change activities on the users;
- Ability to reverse engineer a system to understand the interdependencies to/from other systems and components;
- Understanding of network connectivity to identify, diagnose, escalate firewall/access issues;
- Experience working in a multi-site global network;
- Experience with enterprise systems;
- Good/pragmatic troubleshooting approach;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Ideally a competency in DevOps.
- The opportunity to work for a global resources company;
- Prime location in the Perth CBD;
- An opportunity for contract extension;
- Multiple positions available.
If you have the experience we are seeking for this position, please apply now with a resume detailing all relevant experience.
Contact: Kate Ellis - 08 9423 1422 (Job reference: 195722)