We are seeking two Level 3 Window Server Specialists to work with IT Staff and the current outsourced IT service provider to support BAU and project work, support the health and function of the IT environment of this Government Agency.
This is an initial 12 month and is working in Canberra's city (central location).
Due to security clearance requirements for this role, candidates must be Australian Citizens with a minimum BASELINE Federal Government Security Clearance to apply.
The Specialist will:
Undertake a range of work including (but not limited to) the technical delivery of new projects, solution design for new system, and BAU operation support.
There is potential for the transitioning of IT service providers in mid 2019 and these positions will assist us in maintaining stability through the transition period and beyond.
Work will cover BAU and project work for new capabilities.
Essential skills and experience
- Experience in designing solutions to support business systems (including where component from various vendors are being utilised);
- Experience in the implementation of new solutions;
- Working technical knowledge of current protocols, operating systems and standards
- Experience in the design, deployment, support and troubleshooting of systems in an Enterprise environment
- Ability to create and update documentation of new and existing systems
- Experience in development of standards and procedures
- Good communication (both verbal and written) skills
Extensive experience in the support of the following:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 through to 2016
- Including physical and Virtual server - Microsoft SQL Server 2016 through to 2016
- Including both standalone and cluster deployments -Microsoft Exchange - Hybrid deployment
- Exchange Online and Microsoft Exchange 2013
- Microsoft Azure - SaaS, PaaS and IaaS services and supporting technologies (e.g. Site to Site VPN)
- Azure AWS - SaaS, PaaS and IaaS services and supporting technologies (e.g. Site to Site VPN)
- Microsoft Office 365
- Microsoft ADFS, Active Directory, ADConnect, DFS, DHCP Server, DNS Server and Cluster Services
- Symantec Endpoint Protection, MessageLabs ATP, VIP and Protection Engine for Cloud
- CommVault - Backups
- Nutanix deployments based upon AHV
- VMWare ESXi and
- Microsoft Hyper-V deployments
Working knowledge of:
- F5 LTM, ASM, APM, AFM and SWG products;
- Cisco and Dell switching and routing including various protocols (transport, routing, etc.);
- Solaris and Linux operating systems;
- Various network and security products; and
- Working with multiple providers - including a range of third-party suppliers providing business systems.
Apply now for immediate consideration - contact Sophia Ahmad on 02 6245 1730 quoting Job Reference: 189371
Please note: only candidates that meet the above criteria will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in the position.