About the Company
A leading company who are delivering world-class Services across NSW.
About the Role
As Voice Network Engineer you will provide voice network and support capabilities within the Network Services Team. You will support VOIP and NEC PABX systems across the environment
- Provide project deployment capabilities
- Rack, Stack and configure Cisco Switches.
- Administer PABXs and report any major faults to Nec and the carriers
- Provide input into the planning functions of telecommunication requirements, Provide individual training to staff on voice mail and phones when needed
- Support the implementation of ITS Strategic Plan as it relates to the Telecommunication
- Ability to manage state wide service desk for all voice requirements
- Have the ability to be on callout for voice services for afterhours support
- Provide telecommunication advice to project offices when required.
- Have basic knowledge on ISDN ,VOIP tie lines and SIP trunks.
- Ability to work on underground cable faults in the LHD not maintained by the telecommunication company's
- Keep records of stock for voice services Implement hardware configuration backup
- Upgrade and or downgrade software.
- Deploy configurations and test connectivity - to CCNA level
- Work collaboratively
- Previous experience as a Voice Network Engineer
- Must be experienced in large enterprise network environments
- programming knowledge of NEC PABXs and be able to work on voice mail system (VoiceNet)
- Have knowledge about BAE paging systems
- Have the ability to programme and deploy WIFI headsets (Spectralink)
- Have the ability to work on MDF,IDF,SDF to deliver voice service
- Hold Austel licences
- Liaise with NBN on the roll out plan
- Ability to work on IAC and IIC consoles
- Be Cisco certified (CCNA preferred)
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with other technical teams, business units and vendors
- Excellent time management and organisation skills with attention to detail
You may be required to Work shifts outside of core business hours and across geographically dispersed sites in Sydney
Please APPLY NOW to Vanessa Knispel with your full resume in Word format for consideration as this role closes soon
To be eligible for this opportunity, you must be an Australian Permanent Resident or Citizen as my client does not sponsor visas.
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact Vanessa Knispel quoting reference: 187575
Please click the apply button.