We are seeking a VMWare Virtualisation and Cloud guru who will be responsible for providing technical direction and deliverables as well as being responsible for people leadership to a team of 10 Engineers.
The role is instrumental in the development and maintenance of technical solutions on the hybrid cloud and ensures that the detailed design and operations are fit for purpose. The role is accountable for detailed service designs and technical specifications across patterns and the platform.
You will be responsible for:
- Providing expert technical expertise to Hybrid Cloud Services teams
- Leading the build, deployment, and operations of automated cloud enabled application environments, patterns, tools, and platforms
- Appling Agile frameworks, techniques and processes
- Demonstrate a deep understanding and a high level of experience with DevOps
- Lead, develop and grow a team of Automation Technical Specialists, including developing optimal structures and clear accountabilities, maximising employee performance, providing mentoring and coaching, etc.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Demonstrable ability and knowledge in one or more of the cloud solutions (Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, IBM Bluemix, etc.)
- Applied understanding of technical concepts of enterprise architecture and contemporary IT strategies
- Demonstrable ability and knowledge in one or more of automation and orchestration products/platforms ideally Terraform, Azure Resource Manager or AWS CloudFormation etc
- Development experience in one or more scripting languages
- Experience in Agile methodologies
- Demonstrable ability in analysis, problem solving and troubleshooting in a hybrid cloud environment (on-prem, offsite, and public) and across multiple consumption models (IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS)
- VMWare, Terraform, Automation, Cloud technologies, Agile
To be considered for this role please submit your cv quoting ref 204617