Our client is a Federal Government Agency and they are looking for an experienced User Researcher an initial 6-month contract. There would be opportunities available in both NSW and Act to work within the COVID-10 Digital Response team.
As this role is within the Federal Government, it is a requirement that the successful candidate be an Australian Citizen. The role does not have remote work options at this stage.
Success for this role will rely on the individual's ability to be able to work in a highly dynamic environment, good cultural fit, and their ability to challenge and drive thinking in new directions.
· Use a range of both qualitative and quantitative research methods to deliver accurate insights quickly and efficiently;
· Build an understanding of users and their behaviour, providing insights about how users interact with the service to guide design decisions; and
· Monitor sentiment and existing issues with the COVID-19 response through other quantitative channels.
To be successful for the role, you will need the following:
· A solid understanding of user-centered design practices and how to embed them into an agile workflow to deliver timely findings;
· Experience using a range of quantitative and qualitative research methods and the ability to choose appropriate methods for different stages of the product lifecycle and situations;
· An ability to deliver quickly and turn research data into clear findings that inform decisions;
· Experience including a diverse range of users in appropriate research activities to help teams deliver accessible and inclusive services;
· Knowledge of the methodology used in Government including the Digital Service Standard and the Service Design and Delivery Process (desired); and
· Demonstrated knowledge of a range of technologies used to build and operate digital services. Experience working with technical roles as part of a multi-disciplinary team (desired)
If you are seeking the next step in your career, please APPLY NOW.
For any further questions or information, please Jade De Silva and quote job #205186