Excellent work life balance
Attractive package + training
Lower North Shore - close to a train station
Our client is a well-known organisation with offices in Sydney's Lower North Shore.
They are currently seeking a Unix Team Lead / Manager to lead a team of 6 Systems Administrators who work across projects and operations.
The role entails establishing and continually improving the services offered by ensuring that the team performs to the highest possible standard.
The role engages broadly with stakeholders to ensure that the services provided are of high quality and meet the businesses requirements.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Works directly with the Business Owners, Product Owners, Business Analysts, and subject matter experts to ensure that any requirements are identified impact assessed and implemented effectively.
- Possess strong planning and organisational skills with the ability to effectively plan and manage multiple work streams simultaneously. This may include the development of project plans, work schedules and budget estimates.
- Exhibit highly developed interpersonal skills with the ability to build effective working relationships with key stakeholders and diverse technical / business teams.
- Have the ability to approach complex technical issues and problems in an analytical and methodical manner.
- Display excellent communication skills both written and verbal with demonstrable experience in the preparation of technical design and 'as built' documents.
To be considered for the role you will need:
- Expert level skills in the management, support and administration of complex Unix & storage environments
- Experience with Red Hat Linux
- Storage Area Networks knowledge - Fibre Channel and IP
- Exposure to Oracle Hardware, Backups and VMware
For a confidential discussion concerning the role, please call Tim Moynihan in our Sydney office on 02 9409 4851.