Our client, a large Australian government department is seeking to engage an experienced Unix/Linux Engineer.
You will be joining an existing team and will be required to take part in project deployment and maintenance from the Sydney office location.
The ideal candidate will have prior demonstrated extensive client facing experience within the Australian market sector.
This is a key role within the project, you must be a clear and precise communicator in English with outstanding documentation skills as you will be liaising with business stakeholders of all levels.
To be eligible for this opportunity, you must be an Australian permanent resident or citizen as my client does not sponsor visas.
- Previous experience with transitioning large scale UNIX/Linux environments to a new support provider
- Proven experience engaging and measuring outcomes from remote teams conducting low level tasks
- Experience discussing and documenting customer technical requirements and cascading as a technical SME
- Previous experience with HP-UX and IBM AIX install and administration
- Previous experience with Redhat and SUSE Linux install and administration (Apache, Sendmail, Bind, MySQL)
- Demonstrated working experience with HP Systems Insight Manager HP CloudSystem Matrix
- Enterprise systems management (Storage, backup, RAID management)
- PowerShell/Perl Scripting