This role is both highly collaborative while also giving you the chance to take our clients design practice to the next level. You will be a key member of a team that are on a mission together to deliver a cutting-edge interface over the coming year. You will be as comfortable spending design time on the tools and in the design studio as you are working shoulder-to-shoulder with front end developers or other technical folk to drive UX results.
You will empower the rest of their team to be able to collaboratively deliver a beautiful, consistent and highly usable design for an upcoming iteration of our product interfaces.
This includes setting up component libraries, refining interaction styles and beautifying design assets for both the UX and other teams to use, as well as handing over hi-fidelity design work which is easy for developers to translate into code.
- To build out the volume and scope of UX-driven improvements to their interface
- To help deliver a consistent user experience across our product platform
- To facilitate the handover of design work into developed code
- To establish productive, collaborative and creative relationships with technical, UX and subject-matter experts throughout the business
- To participate in a fun, dynamic and collaborative team by applying a working understanding of design thinking
- To become our resident design system guru in our quest to deliver better and faster design solutions
- To establish and manage icon, component and other UX Design asset libraries
- To bring design ideas regarding interaction styles, information hierarchy, user flows and other sparks of brilliance which help us to develop collaborative solutions to interface challenges
- To work with the UX team on strategic and tactical projects
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- UI/UX experience working in a product environment at a mid-senior level
- Understands the process of developing concepts and working through a design process to increase the fidelity of design solutions
- Experience in development of user stories and information hierarchy
- Proficiency in creating high and low fidelity wireframes and interactive prototypes.
- Tertiary qualifications in digital, graphic, multimedia design or related disciplines.
- Fluent in using ideally UXPin and Sketch, or other full-stack UX Design tools