Work with a large telco client
6+ month contract
We are looking to hire an experienced Transport Engineer for one of our premier clients. This role plays an integral part of a multi-disciplinary team to ensure that goals and objectives of new business development requests are accomplished within prescribed time frames. The incumbent must consistently aim to deliver quality services and/or solutions that meet business requirements and ensure that goals are accomplished in line with business objectives.
- Experience on transport technologies such as Microwaves, xWDM, SDH, PDH and IP/MPLS.
- Problem diagnosis and resolution skills are essential
- Experience in other telecom vendor (Ciena, Ericsson) is priority
- Certificate holder of CCNP/CCIE or similar is an advantage
- Autonomous, strong learning and team cooperation ability
- Experience with planning and documentation tools is advantage
- English language skills in speaking and writing
- Good communication skills, proactive and a team playerm
- Experience: Over 6 Years
Roles and Responsibilities
- Experience to define the network planning and based on technical dependencies, implementation constrains and customers goals.
- Cultivate a productive and symbiotic work relationship with the customer's regional planning team.
- Planning of SDH, IP and IP/MPLS links and network services.
- Verification and review of the network requirements
- Review and finalization of the location verification with DCI (Availability of rack space, Rack space, UPS, ODF, cords)
- Creation of planning documents and Work Packs
- Provision of Work pack
- Documentation of changes in the planning tools
- Create or update Visio diagram for interconnection
- Creation of a Material lists required for the link or service
- Keep the documentation tools up to date if corrections were performed by the field technicians.
We are in a position where our client can make an informed decision at speed to capture the best available candidates.
If you are looking for your next contract opportunity then act fast as this opportunity will not be available for long.
If you're interested then please submit your resume by hitting the APPLY NOW button