The Test Analyst role is to executes tasks within the testing phases of operational and development activities, including testing of COTS/in house developed software products and coordination/ facilitation of Acceptance Testing (UAT/PVT) within expected timeframes.
What you will do:
- Conduct testing of COTS and in-house developed software products.
- Coordinate acceptance testing activities (i.e. UAT and PVT) of COTS and in-house developed software products within expected timeframes.
- Create and deliver reports required to support testing activities undertaken (e.g. test progress, defect, etc).
- Take ownership of issues identified during testing to ensure timely resolution and feedback to customers.
- Contribute to overall team deliverables and continuous improvement e.g. through monitoring and allocation of tasks, training and documentation.
To be successful in the role, you will possess:
Professional / Technical Skills and Knowledge
- Strong understanding of the Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) framework or the ability to rapidly acquire a sound understanding of the ITIL framework.
- Experience with testing deployment and base functionality of software applications in an enterprise environment.
SSICT utilises the Skills Framework for the Information Age (SFIA) to define the required ICT skill set. The following generic SFIA skills apply to this role. Further information on SFIA skills can be found at: https://www.sfia-online.org/en/framework/sfia-7/a-to-z-skills-collection.
- Testing: Level 4 - Accepts responsibility for creation of test cases using own in-depth technical analysis of both functional and non-functional specifications (such as reliability, efficiency, usability, maintainability and portability). Creates traceability records, from test cases back to requirements. Produces test scripts, materials and regression test packs to test new and amended software or services. Specifies requirements for environment, data, resources and tools. Interprets, executes and documents complex test scripts using agreed methods and standards. Records and analyses actions and results and maintains a defect register. Reviews test results and modifies tests if necessary. Provides reports on progress, anomalies, risks and issues associated with the overall project. Reports on system quality and collects metrics on test cases. Provides specialist advice to support others.
- Porting/software configuration: Level 4 - Configures software and equipment and tests platform-specific versions of one or more software products. Reports the outcome of testing and identifies potential improvements to the process and to the software products according to agreed designs and standards.
Apply now for immediate consideration - contact Josie Bandiola 02 9054 8710 quoting Job Reference: 212443