Position Description: TELECOMMUNICATIONS ENGINEER
The role of the telecommunications engineer is to plan and design complex telecommunications systems & services and to solve complex technological problems. The primary work in this role includes technical support, monitoring and quality engineering/testing of various telecommunication systems.
- Must have a bachelor's degree or higher degree in Telecommunication's Engineering, Computer System engineering, or associated discipline.
- Good understanding of current telecommunications technologies, relevant standards, and installation practices.
- Good time management skills and experience in completing projects to specified time frame and budget
- Proven ability to undertake fault analysis.
- Working knowledge of Wi-Fi solutions, Microwave links and digital radio technologies
- End to end project engineering delivery experience including technical governance is desirable.
- Must have strong problem-solving capabilities.
- Strong communication skills (oral & written) including strong negotiation and influencing skills and the ability to establish effective working relationships with a variety of people at different levels both internally and externally.
- Planning, designing, configuring, and completing quality assurance and testing of telecommunications networks and/or systems.
- Delivery of telecommunications projects in line with business unit requirements.
- Assessing performance levels of existing system hardware and software to project future needs and developing plans for adding new capabilities to enhance the telecommunications.
- Monitoring telecommunications systems for quality assurance assessment.
- Ensure new/existing Telecommunication systems comply with relevant regulation and performance standards.
- Identify performance issues and interpret trends, like network traffic, system fluctuations, to ensure continuous communications improvement.
- Development of communication system's high level & detailed design documentation such as scope of works and design criteria.
- Evaluating and procuring new products and services from multiple vendors and make sure all the equipment's/services are in line with the project requirements.
- Identifying and analysing problems and needs of existing telecommunications systems.
- Continuous validation & Designing configurations for telecommunications software's/system's and ensure desired performance is always met.
- Providing technical guidance to colleagues and other teams, specifically in relation to systems/platform/network designs.
- Compiling engineering project proposals to define goals, identify scope for implementation of telecommunication systems in projects.
- Interpreting the complex telecom architectures and business rules specific to the service provider
- Monitoring changes to designs, assessing effects on cost, and measuring, valuing, and negotiating variations to designs in consultation with the Project Manager.
Permanent full time