A well-known and highly respected organisation seeks an experienced Telecommunications Service Analyst for a permanent career enhancing position in Sydney CBD.
The role of Telecommunications Service Analyst is to perform required activities supporting network operations and network security, which include but are not limited to:
- First contact problem definition, troubleshooting, resolution and analysis of service faults,
- Systems administration, provisioning and reporting activities,
- Incident Management of service faults,
- Change management of technical services,
- Enforcement of policies and operational procedures.
The main responsibilities of the Telecommunications Service Analyst are:
- Triage, diagnosis, troubleshooting and analysis of reported incidents to quickly identify an issue, package all the relevant information and engage the relevant resources to resolve.
- Work with ITSM systems, to create and update incident and request information in a concise and timely manner.
- Manage and prioritize work assigned to the team work queue in the ITSM systems.
- Administration of key systems, including but not limited to LDAP, VoIP console, web and email proxies.
- Complete provisioning tasks of BAU service requests, eg: Firewall rules, IP allocation etc.
- Update and maintain technical documentation and articles.
To be considered for this role, the following experience and skills are needed:
- Degree in telecommunications, information technology networking or related discipline ( industry certifications and qualifications viewed favourably).
- Experience of IT networks in a utility, carrier or service provider environment with exposure to IP/MPLS, Routing, Switching, Firewalls, Load Balancers, Wireless LAN, email + web proxy, etc .
- Proficient troubleshooting across various network platforms and technologies from vendors using monitoring, syslog, packet capture, ITSM and other tools.
- In-depth working knowledge of current operational practices, processes, principles and standards (including ITIL) for complex network environments.
- Working technical knowledge of IP networks, routing protocols (OSPF, BGP, EIRGP, etc) firewalls, load balancers and security standards.
- Understanding of the OSI model and applying it to troubleshooting across multiple technologies and services.
- Experience in dealing with and managing expectations of end users and business stakeholders with deal.
- Qualifications and or experience with Alcatel, Juniper, Cisco and F5.
- Experience with administration of proxies, LDAP, VoIP and other systems/platforms.
- Troubleshooting experience using OSS, monitoring and packet capture tools.
Interested? Then please apply TODAY or call us to discuss the role further.