Field Technician/ Engineer
12 months contract + rolling extensions
About the role
To provide the necessary in field support of digital mobile radio communication system infrastructure and subscribers, at various radio sites or customer locations, to ensure service levels and operational performance measures at met.
- Perform a variety of tasks to modify, repair, maintain and install communication systems, equipment, parts and accessories.
- Analyse technical problems using test equipment and make "on-air tests" in accordance with customer operational environment.
- Diagnose and correct malfunctions related to system equipment including linking microwave, multiplexing equipment, RF antenna and power systems.
- Verify conformance of each customer's frequency and power output for compliance with prescribed equipment specification, maintenance inspection plan and ACMA regulations.
- Liaise with Customers to discuss incident concerns or complaints, instigating corrective actions where required.
- Ensure all operational documentations remain up to date and relevant.
- May be required to supervise and co-ordinate field duties with other field staff or sub-contractors.
- Install, maintain and upgrade trunked system controllers, switches and routers associated with digital communications systems.
Skills and experience
- Certificate III or IV in Electronics / Radio Trades Certificate or relevant trade qualification (in communications, radio or electronics) or Certificate IV in Telecommunications Networks Technology
- ACMA Open Cabler License
Minimum of six years in a radio communication service environment.
- Understanding of RF principles and antenna system multi coupling
- Experience in the use of digital communications test equipment and interpret results such as modulation constellation or antenna sweep graphs.
- Experience in APCO25, TrBo & TETRA Digital Radio Communications environment or equivalent (both Trunked and Conventional systems including Simulcast).
- Strong customer and team focus.
- Experience in dispatch console systems, logging environments and other PMR systems (DMR etc).
- Understanding of IP networking principles
- Must be prepared to work overtime as required.
- Participate in the On Call Roster for after hours primary response.
- A current state driver's license is required.
- Must be prepared to work away from home for short periods.
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact Bharti Chandramouli on 07 3003 7643 quoting reference 240901.