Telecommunications Field Engineer
- Initial 6-month contract
- FIFO Field Engineer working onsite for a major mining client
- Seeking experience with NOKIA 2G, 3G or 4G mobile network rollouts, deployments & project work
A leading telecommunications company is seeking an experienced Telecommunications Field Engineer for an initial 6-month FIFO contract based in WA. This will be an 8/6 roster (8 days in the mine, 6 days off) The working hours will be 12 hours per day, from 6am till 6pm.
The role will be responsible for areas including installation, commissioning, integration, troubleshooting, hardware reconfiguration, Antenna Optimization, reporting, Site Audits, Operational & maintenance duties.
- Support RF Optimization work;
- Undertake special assignments to resolve Network Operations issues;
- Supports acceptance of Network & Sites;
- Supports escalated Deployments matters;
- Outage and general investigations for report purposes;
- Support a liaison with deployment subcontractors & 3rd parties;
- Conduct and Quality Audit multi-Vendor Site;
- Review product related technical notes in order to indicate changes required correct deployment LTE Sites;
- Troubleshooting using a variety of test devices to investigate transmission & Power faults.
- Strong, recent, commercial experience with NOKIA 2G, 3G or 4G mobile network rollouts, deployments and project work;
- Installation knowledge and understanding of 2G/3G/4G multi-vendor site builds;
- Commissioning & integration skills in Telecommunication multi-vendor BTS site;
- Commissioning & Hardware Configuration of UMTS/LTE sites;
- Installation/Commissioning/Troubleshooting BTS UMTS/LTE;
- Strong skills in Antenna work - leading Tilts / TMA / installations;
- Excellent communication skills - verbal and written;
- Strong documentation ability;
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment;
- Engineer or Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) or Master of Science (M.Sc.) in Electrical or Telecommunications Engineering;
- Specific product training on NOKIA BTS installations (especially configurations).
- Full clean Australian driver's license
- White Card
- First aid
- Working at heights
- Initial 6-month contract with potential extension
- Work for a leading telecommunications company
- Perth CBD location
If you have the skills and experience, we are seeking above, please apply now with a resume detailing all relevant experience. Suitable candidates will be contacted for a confidential discussion.
Contact: Kate Ellis (08) 9423 1422 (Job reference: 200356)