AV Support Team Leader
Live Chat: https://flashrecruit.com/user/NickMunro
This position will be responsible for managing the Technology Support team members who oversee the operational needs of internal technology, including all lab support (research and teaching) and a hugely diverse range of specialist areas/equipment such as Audio Visual, Cinema, musical labs, mircoscopes and much more.
A key part of the role will be to build effective relationships with faculties, the incumbent is expected to embed themselves in their customers environment, spending time understanding the technology and needs, with regular collaboration with faculty professional staff, undergraduates, researchers and academics. They will be required to be flexible in thinking to create customer solutions, often working with unique/ one off piece of technology that may not be available nationally.
- Provide leadership and management oversight for operations of specialist technology, including research and laboratory specific devices and hardware, including Virtual Reality, 3d Printing, Augmented Reality, Interactive AV installations, Unique Research Equipment (Microscopes, Attached Storage)
- Plan, assign, and supervise the work of assigned team members and third parties in the installation, operation, maintenance and repair of specialised technology accordance with university policies.
- Contribute and drive to delivering and implementing the overall Digital Support/Customer Service strategy ensuring value, customer centricity and exceptional delivery of service
- Lead and oversee a team of specialist to ensure that day to day operations run smoothly and effectively support technology requirements
- Manage and coordinate the workloads of analysts to ensure coverage across the organistaion and cross-functional collaboration of knowledge and technical expertise
- Partner with Faculties and Divisions to ensure specialist technologies or areas are being monitored, maintained and that agreed service levels are being met and exceeded.
Skills & Experience:
- Demonstrated understanding and capability in various technologies/equipment within a large environment including, but not limited to, lab support (research and teaching) Audio Visual equipement, Cinemas, musical labs, mircoscopes and much more.
- Sound experience in managing customer/stakeholder expectations in the pursuit of improved services and closer working relationships.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to liaise and communicate with a variety of stakeholders
- Ability to problem solve and provide solutions to customers
- Sound experience in leading, managing and mentoring a team of specialists