About the role
The Technology Specialist provides IT support and advice in one or more technology subject matter domains relevant to the organisation's environment.
The Technology Services division provides and maintains core Infrastructure and Communication services along with delivering operational IT services and support to all End users within the organisation
- Provide specialist technical support of relevant IT services, technology systems, and infrastructure and has responsibility for multiple or all aspects of requirements gathering, design, test, installation, monitoring, tuning, and maintenance of associated technology systems and infrastructure.
- Provide advice to clients in relevant subject matter domains, including identification of technology risks and opportunities to continually improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Contribute to the evaluation of relevant new technology solutions and their applicability to the organisation's Technology.
- Execute the design, implementation, and operation of IT services, technology systems, and infrastructure in relevant domains, including liaison with internal and external stakeholders, service partners and suppliers, and ensure compliance with relevant IT standards and processes, to maintain the protection of enterprise information and reliability of service delivery.
- Ensure relevant changes to systems and configuration comply with operational requirements for service delivery.
- Monitor, analyse, and report on availability, performance, and capacity of services and resources and assist in the assessment and planning of necessary uplift or new initiatives to address issues and/or eliminate adverse impacts on service delivery.
- Support continuous improvement of relevant operational processes, standards and procedures, and develop and maintain support documentation to ensure operational tasks are performed reliably and consistently, and to mitigate the likelihood and severity of service outages.
- Contribute to development of relevant technical capability within the IT service support organisation and support knowledge sharing and coaching.
- Contribute to project work as required to deliver work assigned to agreed performance targets.
Skills and experience
- Strong knowledge and experience across Windows technology systems administration
- Knowledge and experience in VMware Technology with some Linux
- Knowledge of IT service management concepts.
- Provide specialist technical support in Windows, VMware and Linux domains and its practical application in the context of a complex enterprise business and IT environment.
- Direct and liaising with suppliers to support service design and delivery, performance monitoring, and compliance with relevant processes and procedures.
- Contribute to incident response, resolution and post-incident analysis of major incidents.
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact Eugene on 02 82672467 quoting reference 242855
To apply please click the 'Apply Now' button.