Advising business divisions on potential solutions to their technology needs by documenting needs and requirements, facilitating high level solution design in line with Technology roadmaps, developing business cases for project activities, providing significant input into the project and program pipeline prioritisation and assist in securing capital funding.
Serving as an escalation point for assigned business units for operational and support matters, using their breath of knowledge of the processes within the Technology Branch to simplify interactions between their assigned business units and the Technology branch.
This role will typically have a seat on the leadership team meetings of their assigned portfolio and will form strong relationships with all stakeholders in their portfolio to become the primary point of contact for these stakeholders when they have any technology requirements.
This role will the single point of contact for their assigned business units through:
* Proactively manage the relationship between business stakeholders and the Technology branch to align technology investments to business needs as well as the overall corporate strategy and technology roadmaps.
* Achieve an in-depth understanding of the processes and functions performed within assigned business units, as well as the impact of system outages to these processes and the demand this places on the service levels of Technology systems.
* Gather needs and high-level requirements from business stakeholders for new or additional technology functionality required by the business to perform its day to day functions.
* Facilitate the refinement and documentation of problem statements and detailed requirements from business stakeholders.
* Provide and facilitate an end to end process design and documentation service to business stakeholders.
* Provide and facilitate high level solution design and consultation services to address business needs in alignment with the overall corporate strategy and technology roadmaps.
* Promote best practice approach to solution design through innovation, research and application of lean design principles.
* Influence the Technology capital program pipeline by providing extensive input into the prioritisation of work items for assigned business units in line with expectations of business stakeholders.
* Define and quantify benefits for strategic, innovation, new system and enhancement project requests and drive development of business cases to secure funding for the delivery of these enhancements/projects.
* Keep business stakeholders transparently informed of the progress of demand for new/enhanced Technology systems.
5 + Years experience in a IT Relationship Manager / Consulting Role
Excellent Stakeholder Management Engagement skill
An understanding of business operations and technology strategy
Experience within the Utilities sector would be beneficial
If interested in the role please click APPLY or contact Richard.email@example.com Quoting reference 205482