Our Federal Government Client is seeking multiple Technology / Application Architects to design and architect applications.
This is a long-term contract role until 30th June 2021 with possible extension options, located at our Client's Canberra City location.
As the selected candidate, you will:
- Lead a mixed group of technical and business resources in initiatives to design applications end-to-end
- Support application teams in architecting and designing applications
- Maintain the department's application architecture and related models
- Perform application portfolio management
- Support the implementation of the department's IT Strategy
- Prepare relevant technology briefings, strategies and architectural roadmaps
- Provide technical advice to IT investment proposals
- Provide technical advice and support to Application Development, Technical Operations and other relevant departmental teams
- Support the Architecture, Strategy and Emerging Technologies Team staff and priorities, as needed.
To be successful in the role, you should have:
- Have experience in designing and implementing applications from ground up including application architecture, application design, database design and development
- Previous experience as a developer before becoming an architect is essential
- Be up to date in the latest technologies
- Have experience in implementing systems on premises and Cloud
- Have experience in PaaS and SaaS solutions
- Have knowledge and experience in architecting for maintenance and application performance
- Have knowledge in application design patterns and application development patterns
- Understand networking concepts
- Understand authorisation frameworks and well as authentication mechanisms
- Be able to work in an agile, virtual team environment
- Be able to collaborate effectively with business and IT stakeholders
- Have excellent communication and presentation skills
- Have the following essential skillsets and skill levels outlined below.
Due to security clearance requirements for this role, candidates must be Australian Citizens.
Apply now for immediate consideration - contact Carissa Burgos on 02 9137 8700 quoting Job Reference: # 206381
Please note: Only candidates that meet the above criteria will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in the position.