We are seeking the services of a Technical Writer in Canberra. Apply now for a great opportunity!
The Technical Writer will work with others to develop new material and prepare it for release to a broad range industry stakeholders. The Technical Writer will provide a crucial quality assurance service on this material to ensure its accuracy and appropriateness for the target audience. The Technical Writer will be responsible for upskilling others in technical writing.
The Technical Writer will possess broad knowledge of:
- Current industry methods for evaluating, implementing, and disseminating information technology (IT) security assessment, monitoring, detection, and remediation tools and procedures utilising standards-based concepts and capabilities,
- Cyber security and privacy principles used to manage risks related to the use, processing, storage and transmission of information or data,
- Cyber threats and vulnerabilities, and
- Critical Information systems with information communication technology that were designed without security considerations.
The person will possess skills in:
- Writing complex technical subject matter for a range of stakeholders, including non-technical or executive staff;
- Providing quality assurance on technical documents in a range of formats;
- Interfacing with customers; and
- Preparing and presenting briefings.
The Technical Writer's major responsibilities include:
- Writing new technical documents for a range of industry stakeholders;
- Reviewing technical documentation for quality assurance purposes; and
- Upskilling staff members in the best approach to technical writing.
To be successful in the role, you will have:
- Demonstrated ability to communicate complex cyber security concepts to audiences with varying levels of understanding, exposure and experience 30%
- Display strong verbal and written communication skills, particularly with technical stakeholders and executive stakeholders 20%
- Ability to edit and review documentation for consistency of voice and tone. 20%
- Proven current or previous experience working as a content developer or technical writer. 20%
- Proven experience working in technical fields for a minimum of 5 years. 10%
- Tertiary qualifications in Cyber Security or related technical expertise or industry certifications such as Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), or other relevant industry certifications. 20%
- Communicates fluently, orally and in writing, and can present complex information to both technical and non-technical audiences. 20%
- Plans, schedules and monitors work to meet time and quality targets, requiring limited direction or supervision. 20%
- Facilitates collaboration between stakeholders who share common objectives. 20%
- Selects appropriately from applicable standards, methods, tools and applications. 20%
For more information or to apply, please contact Josie Bandiola on 02 9054 8710 quoting Job Reference: 237824