- Initial 4-month contract
- An opportunity to work in the mining sector
- Perth CBD location
An award-winning global IT consultancy that is expanding at a rapid rate is seeking an experienced Technical Writer to help drive a key engagement for a major mining client.
- Determine the needs of end users of technical documentation;
- Work with technical staff to make products easier to use and thus need fewer instructions;
- Organize and write supporting documents for products;
- Use photographs, drawings, diagrams, animation and charts that increase users' understanding;
- Select appropriate medium for message or audience, such as manuals or online videos;
- Standardize content across platforms and media;
- Gather usability feedback from customers, designers and manufacturers;
- Revise documents as new issues arise.
- Strong, recent, commercial experience as a Technical Writer;
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, English or communications;
- Excellent communication skills (written & verbal);
- The ability to write clear and concise copy;
- End user empathy - ability to develop insight into end user needs and translate this into writing;
- Ability to work independently;
- Strong ability to identify subject matter experts, build relationships and acquire knowledge on the business process and technology product/solution.
If you have the required experience for this position, please apply now with a resume in MS Word Format detailing all relevant experience. Suitable candidate will be contacted for a confidential discussion.
Contact: Kate Ellis (08) 9423 1422 (Job reference: 199247)