This is an opportunity to work for a high profile global financial institution currently working on a complex system transition project. They are looking to hire experienced Technical Support Analyst for initial 12 month fixed term contract expected to run for at least 2 years. Your responsibilities include: 2nd level technical support, documentation, building, testing and planning for projects. The support of these environments is considered critical and operates on a 24x 7 basis so rapid response to technical issues escalated by the operations teams is essential. The scope of the role also includes incident, problem, release and change management, and undertaking BAU work within the team.
What you'll need:
- Degree or equivalent in IT, computing, science or maths with experience in mission critical applications support.
- 5+ years support of critical applications
- Excellent SQL skills (administration and scripting)
- Excellent general technical skills on Windows and Microsoft products, including Windows Server and SQL Server.
- Securities industry experience such as understanding of exchange-traded futures and options, derivatives markets, and the business processes related to clearing of member trades.
- Good knowledge of IT Service Management platforms, such as ServiceNOW.
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of risk management systems including price, positions, variation margins, CME SPAN.
- Exposure to the standards, practices and procedures of the financial industry.
- Programming and scripting skills with C, Java, or Powershell. Use of MS Visual Studio.
- Good knowledge of .Net framework and IIS
- Technical experience in distributed transactions, high availability, performance-critical systems.
- Expertise and understanding of TCP/IP networks to diagnose connectivity issues.
- Exposure to AWS (Amazon Web Services)
- Exposure to certificate management / PKI
If you are a problem solver, able to work in a team and under pressure this is the role for you! This is a challenging but rewarding opportunity and the chance to be part of a very high profile project. This could help propel your career forward - you definitely want this experience on your resume! On offer is a 12 month fixed term contract (likely to extend until 2023), a competitive salary package and flexible working. To apply please quote #213434