Looking for an experienced Technical Specialist (Cloud Services) for a client in Melbourne to take up a 6 months contract role with a view of extension.
Job Location: Melbourne
Job Contract: 6 months with a view of extension.
- Implement and maintain production support services for corporate databases
- Provide technical resolution to database and database related problems
- Provide specialist technical support to critical business systems
- Implement strategies to make corporate data available, secure, recoverable and operating at peak performance
- Provide maintenance and support of corporate databases including back up, database optimising, reindexing, initiating recovery procedures and routine troubleshooting
- Provide high level technical support of enterprise systems and infrastructure, together with assistance to business users
- Provide enterprise system support and high level technical related advice to application developers
- Provide 24 hour 7 day enterprise systems and infrastructure support services, as appropriate
- Monitor system performance and usage, including response times, to optimise the delivery of database services
- Create and maintain system documentation on implementation and Change procedures
- Maintain knowledge on current technology and industry best practice
- Liaise with Senior Technical Specialists and Technical Officers on advanced enterprise systems and infrastructure issues
- Assist the relevant enterprise systems and infrastructure management teams in delivering optimum service and cost benefit performance
- Assist with the training and development of junior staff by implementing appropriate team and individual development programs and engaging relevant training providers
- Recommend implementation strategies, as part of project outputs, to the relevant stakeholder through IT Delivery management
- Ensure work activities are performed in accordance with established policies, processes and procedures.
- Ensure the provision of professional support services in a customer focused, responsive, effective and timely manner to ensure operational integrity, optimum performance and continued reliability in accordance with agreed service levels.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Strong experience in providing enterprise systems and infrastructure management services in a multi-vendor systems environment for a large organisation
- Demonstrated hands on experience with enterprise systems and infrastructure
- Strong experience in complex problem analysis and diagnostic tasks on systems processes, which will include but are not limited to, processes encompassing change management, capacity and performance management.
- Extensive technical support and resolution experience in managing complex technical enterprise systems problems
- Strong experience in implementing enterprise systems backup strategies and recovery plans
- Demonstrated ability in conducting periodic technical appraisal of systems status and integrity to ensure continued reliability of service and optimum performance
- Extensive experience with writing scripts for systems maintenance, data conversions, data extractions and replications
If you think you match this requirement then APPLY NOW!