About the Role
A large financial organisation is looking for a Technical Security Designer to come on board and work across a number of exciting projects which are currently happening. In this role you will be delivering specialist technical advice, expertise to support delivery of technology based services incorporating design, development, delivery and maintenance of technological solutions to meet business needs, including security firewalls, proxy, IPS and cryptographic devices.
This includes defining technical designs, solutions and roadmaps for multiple complex technology systems, and to provide support, guidance and direction for more junior team members.
Examples of responsibilities:
- Lead design and planning related services to support, guide and assure the design of complex technical solutions and provide technical input to design specifications that meet business requirements and are in line with agreed strategies and directions, and security risk appetite
- Maintain an understanding of technology changes and developments, contribute to project related activities and meetings to support delivery of project objectives and scope, provide consultative guidance on their execution, and assist with the coordination of technical/testing team members to ensure timely specification, testing, and implementation of quality systems
- Lead advanced problem diagnosis and use technical expertise to develop options and solutions to specific problems that are technical in nature, related to longer term or strategic issues, or complex technology changes proposed, and coordinate resolution with vendors and partners
- Use technical expertise to develop options, solutions and technology patterns to specific problems that are technical in nature, to support the technology service quality, resilience and effectiveness
- Provide coaching and guidance to technical specialists to support their competency development and ensure their effective contribution to team objectives
About the successful candidate
- Key technical skills required include Checkpoint Firewall, F5 - LTM, APM, Networking, Venafi, Algosec, application server infrastructure integration, Symantec DLP.
- Analysis and security design experience on complex projects
- Proven security design and implementation experience, including formal documentation of build, support and operational processes
- Highly developed awareness of best practice in the specific area of technical expertise
- Thorough understanding of risk management concepts, exposure to operational and technical risk assessments
- Ability to rapidly learn new concepts and to think outside the square
- Experience across the software development life-cycle, including high-level estimation and business case development
- Systems integration experience in complex legacy environments involving mainframe transaction processing, web delivery, message integration and data warehousing components
- Working within and contributing towards Enterprise Architecture guidelines and standards
- Development and deployment experience on more than one platform
- Tertiary qualification in a Technology discipline or related field with professional experience in a related area
- Bachelor or Masters in Computer Science would be highly favourable
Due to the nature of this organisation only Australian/NZ Citizens or Australian Permanent Residents are eligible for this role. Thank you in advance for your application.