Our client is a leading specialist trading software services consultancy for risk, position management, exchange connectivity and algorithmic trading systems etc...
They are looking for a project manager with strong technical skills to help manage the process of tracking and recovering millions of dollars' worth of stolen cryptocurrency for our client.
You will need to be able to manage up to 10-20 theft traces at the same time, coordinating forensic investigators, cyber-crime experts, cryptocurrency exchanges, software engineers, law enforcement agencies and courts.
This is probably one of the most interesting projects you will ever be involved in.
This is a 12 month full time contract role - that will require out of hours work at unpredictable times.
Job responsibilities include:
- Use chainalysis and other bespoke software to review the traces made by our forensic investigators, verifying that they sufficiently attribute exchange deposits to the sources of theft.
- Coordinate the efforts of remote blockchain software engineers, forensic investigators, international legal teams, law enforcement agencies, swap services and exchanges, private investigators, courts, Interpol, cyber crime experts and skip tracers. You may also need to interact with hackers, money launderers and the like.
- Steer discussions between multiple stakeholders over telegram, emails, video conference. Identify when parties are miscommunicating and clarify their intent.
- Follow up exchange security and compliance teams to ensure suspect wallets have been promptly frozen
- Identify gaps in the evidentiary rigour required by exchanges and courts in various jurisdictions.
- Draft reports to be presented to law enforcement agencies, courts and exchanges
- Prepare status reports for our clients as required
- Prepare cost estimates for various recovery options, advising our client on the most expedient alternatives
- Be prepared to track down stolen funds at any hour of the day
- Manage up to 10-20 independent theft traces simultaneously, maintaining up to date records of the current location of funds
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent in a technology field; Engineering, Science, Computer Science or similar. Alternatively, at least ten years of professional experience in the financial services or IT industry in a management or project management position
- Confident and self-motivated, strong oral and written communication skills in English
- Accurate and methodical, with great attention to detail
- Ability to thrive in pressured environments
- Able to get different groups of stakeholders with different backgrounds, skillsets and motivations to work together
- A dogged determination to find ways to achieve outcomes for our clients
- High integrity, self-confident, positive and creative mind
To apply please click the 'Apply Now' button. Job# 212729