The primary duties of the role include:
The Technical Project Manager reports to the Chief Technology Officer in relation to project risks, significant development issues and progress against the project schedule. The Technical Project Manager shall be required to undertake some or all of the following duties as directed by the Chief Technology Officer.
Work to be performed will include:
- Produce project artefacts based on an approved Project Management methodology (Prince2 preferred).
- Scope, plan and co-ordinate work packages for technical interfaces to departmental applications;
- Plan and co-ordinate delivery of projects and work packages with multiple ICT suppliers and service partners to ensure project priorities are delivered on time, on budget and within quality tolerances.
- Manage project and work package estimates, budgets, invoicing and resources.
- Manage the project against deadlines within a time-critical development environment to ensure that deliverables are prioritised and completed within the specified timeframes.
Project - Statement of Work
- The Technical Project Manager will lead a AWS cloud migration "proof of concept" for a large scale application. The migration will be "lift and shift" with re-platforming as required as opposed to application re-engineering. It should be noted the project is a proof of concept as opposed to a full production migration.
- The Technical Project Manager must be able to generate high quality project documents for consumption by the Project Board and other stakeholders.
- The Technical Project Manager will lead a team of 4 technical resources (including cloud engineering and software engineering skill sets).
The outputs of the Proof of Concept Project are proposed to be:
- Estimates of size, cost, duration and critical path associated with cloud enabling the core application
- Clearer understanding of implementation risks and risk mitigation strategies
- Technology needs for AWS cloud infrastructure-as-a-service, including estimates for ongoing recurrent costs
- Identification of any application software components that require re-engineering as opposed to cloud migration
- Identification of cyber security requirements for operating the core application in a AWS cloud environment
- Identification of any technology sequencing requirements for implementation
Take the next step - APPLY NOW! Or contact Vidya Sadawarte or Shipra Verma on 07 3003 7651.