About the role
The Technical Program Manager is required to support the delivery of an IT Consolidation program of work. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated 5+ years of experience in managing large scale technology projects, leading cross functional teams, preferably within the Australian Federal Government.
Responsible for driving the implementation and deployment of a technical IT consolidation program work. The candidate must be proficient in managing multiple development and infrastructure projects as part of a holistic program delivered by in-house, remote, and vendor teams. In addition, they will be responsible for managing enterprise change by working with the executive and departmental communications teams. The candidate will be fully competent in project management tools and techniques for all phases of the project management lifecycle
Skills and experience
- Ability to manage complex technology infrastructure projects
- Ability to manage programs of work using the Programme and Project Management Methods (Agile and PRINCE2)
- Ability to develop and maintain a variety of program and project governance documentation and support tools, including plans, templates, registers, budget monitoring and terms of reference
- Ability to identify, record and track project inter-dependencies
- Ability to work closely with the team to provide a program view of progress against key milestones, and to highlight and escalate risks and issues emerging from all streams and develop contingency plans if required
- Exceptional analytical, and communication skills enabling the Identification of key milestone, priorities, risks and required decisions, as well as able to obtain the necessary support and advice required for the management, planning and control of the project
- 5+ years managing and successfully delivering ICT projects within mid-sized / large organisations, preferably federal government
- Proven experience in managing multiple projects in parallel
- Proven ability to identify and co-ordinate milestones, goals, risks and design decisions across the program and projects
- Proven ability to build and maintain productive relationships across stakeholder teams
- Demonstrable expertise and certification(s) in modern agile program management methods.
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact Abegail Baniqued on 02 9054 0955 quoting reference 206175.
To apply please click the 'Apply Now' button.