Technical Database Architect
- Work for a global resources giant
- Initial 6 month contract in the Perth CBD
- Requires strong Oracle V19 PL/SQL & SQL Server
A global mining company is seeking an experienced Technical Database Architect to take on the role of technical applications owner and lead the development and maintenance of the product roadmap in relation to the Oracle/ SQL Server database environment.
The role is working onsite for a large scale resources client so experience handling large volumes of data is required. This is for an initial 6 month contract based in the Perth CBD.
- Implement continuous improvement in the performance, stability and functionality of the in scope databases
- Ensure the continued 24x7 operations of mission critical business services.
- Continuously improve the performance and stability across the database application architecture.
- Collaborating with developers and business stakeholders to deliver the agreed backlog for the database platform creating significant business value
- Developing and improving best practices in supporting business critical applications including technical designs, data models, technical documentation artefacts, engineering processes and automation
- Continuous investment in creation and maintenance of automated unit test suites
- Proven experience in the leadership of technical teams
- Experience handling large volumes of data within enterprise level environments
- Strong , proven experience in technical database architecture
- Extensive experience with Oracle V19 PL/SQL database & MS SQL Server
- Experience with CI/CD (eg GIT, TeamCity, Octopus) and automated testing of business critical applications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Software Engineering & automated testing best practices
- Strong problem solving skills
- Agile methodology
- Relevant tertiary qualifications
If you are interested and possess the required experience, please apply now via the link below to be considered.
Contact: Lisa Williams- 9423 1400 - (Job reference: 238887)